https://youtu.be/VmQhKKKyKPU When showing the clip to class mates and family at home I learnt some ideas from other people, addressing iss...

Audience research

04:57 0 Comments

https://youtu.be/VmQhKKKyKPU

When showing the clip to class mates and family at home I learnt some ideas from other people, addressing issues or areas they liked most that I wouldn't necessarily think of myself:

classmate - " I think the opening sequence so far is really successful. I really enjoyed the visual effects made using after effects and premiere pro like the security camera scene. It really makes the narrative of the story more believable, leaving me more inclined to carry on watching. Although, I would say that you could experiment with the audio fade tool in premier pro. You could also use the volume adjustment panel in "effect controls" to time record the volume of the audio in particular clips like where Charlie holds the phone to his ear"

Classmate - " The idents at the very beginning are really professional, I like the animation and the audio works well. I really the range of shots, you have covered almost every camera angle which gives your opening sequence better diversity which actually makes it more believable, for me. However, I would say the dripping tap audio doesn't quite work with the footage and is a little too distracting from the atmosphere you have created with the camera work. I would stick with darker, more slow music that could be played quietly in the background. You could also use two audio files together, merging sounds to create a more abstract, intense soundtrack."

Through my feedback I have taken some more ideas to consideration. I really like the idea of fading in and out the audio which would work really well for particular scenes. I will also experiment with the "audio gain" tool which allows me to time a volume preset which would work well for the scene where Charlie holds the phone to his ear, temporarily dismissing the soundtrack for the viewer to hear what he says before fading back to the main audio.

0 comments: